With Advent and the Christmas season just around the corner, Knights of Columbus Council 14360 (St. Matthew Church, Norwalk) is pleased to announce a “Keep Christ in Christmas” poster contest at nearby All Saints Catholic School in Norwalk.
The contest, which starts this week at All Saints, will allow young people in the community to engage their creative talents and imaginations while encouraging them to think about the true, spiritual meaning of Christmas.
Entries will be accepted at All Saints until December 13, 2013. Posters will then be judged and winners be chosen in three age groups: K- 2, 3-5, and 6-8. Entry forms may be accessed online via the link below:
- Poster must reflect the theme of Keep Christ in Christmas
- Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images)
- Poster must be 11×17 inches in size. If pastels, chalk or charcoal are used the poster must be laminated or covered with clear plastic.
- Each poster must be submitted with the Knights of Columbus “Keep Christ in Christmas” Poster contest entry form – make sure council number 14360 is included. The name and age of the entrant should be printed on the reverse side of the poster in case the poster and entry form get seperated.
- All entries become property of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council. Posters will not be returned.
A 100-point scoring system will be used to determine the winners.
- Slogan-30 points: How clearly is the theme presented?
- Visuals-30 points: How well do the visuals convey the message?
- Overall Impact-40 points: How effective was the poster in capturing your attention and causing you to reflect on the topic at hand?